Monday, April 27, 2009

Face of Betrayal (5 stars!!)

Okay guys here is another book review. I know this blog isn't really about books but I like to think it is about helping each other out. Saving money is just the biggest part of that. For me though I love to read but I have a really hard time sometimes finding "clean" books that aren't full of foul language or explicit situations. All the book I review here are from Thomas Nelson publishing. They are a Christian publisher so (at least so far) all the book I have from them are very clean. If you want to know more about becoming a reviewer you can find more information here. Now for my latest book Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl. Let me start this review by saying I LOVED this book. I normally read romance books but I decided to give this a try for a change of pace. It is a crime mystery book with three women as the main characters. One is an FBI agent and single mother, one a prosecutor who is married and expecting, and one is a reporter who is single. They all went to the same high school but weren't friends when they were younger. They became close later when their professional careers drew them together. The book jumps back and forth from each woman's point of view as they work together to try to solve the case of a missing girl. Normally I don't like it when an author changers perspectives but Wiehl does a great job. The story was captivating with tons of twists and turns. I don't want to give away the ending but I will say I never saw it coming. I really thought I knew what was going to happen. I did like that the story sounded believable. No non-existent super space technology like of CSI or anything else off the wall. The three women were all different and interesting in there own ways. They call themselves the Triple Threat club. I am hoping this is just the first book in the series. I loved it and will defiantly be looking for more books by this author.