Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New book review-"In the Footsteps of Paul"

I just had a chance to review the book "In the Footsteps of Paul" put out by Thomas Nelson publishing.  Whether you are looking for a book for your self or as a gift for someone this is a great choice.  It is a hardback book with a beautiful jacket cover.  It is by world renowned photographer Ken Duncan.  He has several other books out but this was my first and I can tell you I was very impressed.  The pictures are breathtaking.  Each picture/page has a scripture reference and part of the story of the apostle Paul.  The pictures are amazing.  Some are scenery of the land and county were Paul lived his life, some are actual building or places were Paul was, and some are of art work depicting Paul's life and ministry.  I found the story to be fascinating.  I consider my self fairly knowledgeable but there was a lot that I did not know about him.  I feel like I say this a lot but I wish they used the King James version of the bible for the scripture references.  I prefer the eloquent language used in that edition of the bible but I must be alone in this thinking because it seems others prefer the more common language in newer translations.  Still over all this was a beautiful and educational book that would be a great addition to anyone's library.  If you would like more information on Thomas Nelson publishing and how you can review some of their great products you can find more information here.