Thursday, March 24, 2011

Car Seat Canopy

Back at the beginning of February we welcomed our third child into our family. I have noticed there are so many new things out for babies these days and one I just had to have was a car seat canopy. These attach to the handle of your infant car seat and block the light and wind off your baby. Plus I feel like it is a sign for strangers that says “Yes there is a baby in there and no you cannot touch him!” Anyway I digress. I looked at these on Etsy.com and they are $30 and up plus shipping! I knew I could do it for less than that. I made this one for about $12. All you need is 2 yards of fabric and some Velcro. I probably could have made it even cheaper if I had shopped around a little for the fabric. It probably took me about an hour total to make it. I think it turned out great. I used this tutorial for guidance. I did not make mine reversible. We love ours and I think these would make a great baby shower gift. If you decide to make one please take a picture and send it in!
Amanda