Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walgreen's Horror Trip

As you know I was really sick yesterday and so I went to the doctor. Thankfully he gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. So I thought I would go over to Walgreen's and get some good deals while I was getting my meds. It was the worst experience. They have razor's on sale this week for FREE after manufacture's coupon and Register Rewards. Only my RR weren't printing. I ask for a manager and she told me I couldn't get RR if I used a coupon which I have been told by Stephanie over a Couponing101 is not true. So after arguing with her for a minute I could see she wasn't going to fix it. So I bought the other items I came for 2 bottles of Windex (Free after coupon and rebate) and shampoo (Free after rebate). I get everyone back in the car and went across the street to pick up my prescription at CVS because I am so mad at Walgreen's. When I get back in the car I realize one of my Windex bottles was not closed properly and spilled the entire bottle all over my car. Now I am really mad. I go back to Walgreen's and drive through the pharmacy drive through. I was too sick to get out of the car with my baby and toddler again. They got the manager who thankfully this time was very nice. She gave me a new bottle and apologized. You would think this would be the end of the bad luck but no I got home and realized the Windex had spilled all over the receipt erasing it. I needed the receipt for my mail in rebates. So I had to call and try and get the receipt code from the manager. She said she had to create a new receipt by pretending to exchange the items but I don't know if that will work to get my rebate so I entered it in anyway and I guess I will find out at the end of the month. Needless to say it was a nightmare especially since I was sick and my two year old was not having a good day. It will take a really good deal to make me go back to Walgreen's and try again. I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Happy Savings!
Amanda